A nucleoside and aminoglycoside antibiotic active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria’s.
Each 1gm contains:
Neomycin sulphate 300 mg
– Neolex is an antibiotic active against Gram-negative bacteria.
– The active ingredient is retained in the enteric system for a long perio of time resulting in a more effective control of bacteria.
– Effective in the presence of enzymes and gastric juice.
Recommended for the treatment of enteric infections caused by gram negative bacteria such as: E.coli, Salmonella, Klebsiella, Enterobacter,
Proteus and Actinobacter Spp.
– Poultry: 100 gm/ 300 liters of drinking water or 2 kg per ton of feed for 3-4 consecutives days.
– Calves: 15-30 mg (active ingredient) per kg body weight in drinking water or feed for 4-6 days.
In severe cases the dose is doubled in the first two days, and then treatment is extended for another 2 days.